Sunday, January 16, 2011

Realizations...

I'm sitting in Starbucks with my sis. Drink of choice: Soy London Fog (Earl Grey Tea Latte).

I read some great stuff at storyfix.com. Check out A Mindset Shift That Can Get You Published if you are in any way working towards a creative goal. The importance of organization BEFORE creation is so essential. Yes, for some of us it's torture. Others of us (myself included) realized that this was the key to successful college term papers.

And so I came to the realization that I have a lot more organizing to do before diving headfirst into writing. I'm on my way and I'm on the right path. But I've got to get a SOLID grasp on the big picture before I try to create the details.

My sister commented today on how organized my house is and said "Remember when your room never used to be clean?"

I think she was referring to when I was in high school and my room looked something like this:


Well, now my house is ridiculously organized. I said to my sister "I think organization breeds organization... Nothing was really organized when I was in high school... Now things look out of whack if they aren't organized..."

Okay, I'm off to organize my story.  Time to get this ball rolling! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay Shena!!!! Go Shena Go! I'm glad the storyfix stuff was helpful, it's really put my own previous lack of organization into perspective. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I can TOTALLY relate to that room. That was so my room in High School. (ok college too. Yeah. Who am i kidding. It's still my room).

    Way to go Shen Shen. You can do it. Cant wait to read your first book! :)

    ReplyDelete