Thursday, February 7, 2013

Skin Deep

(Side Note: Trying to write a blog post while curled up on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, snuggled with a furry lil' critter, while watching huge snowflakes fall outside your window is really.hard.to.do. At least for me. I keep getting distracted!)



Okay, here goes.

I have had skin problems for years.

I have combination skin and have struggled with both cystic acne and dryness. I've tried several different products over the years (including Proactive, Nutrogena, and St. Ives) and have since been trying more "natural" products - mostly stuff I could find at Target or Meijer (such as Burt's Bees). I have never found the perfect solution.

Recently I began trying Shaklee skin care products. And I'm not gonna lie - I've only been using them for 3 days.

But that's just it. I've only been using these products for 3 days and I've noticed such a HUGE difference in my skin.

My skin no longer has any dry spots. My breakout spots around my nose and chin are noticeably less red and more "healed" looking. My pores have shrunk and my skin feels super smooth! Yay!

I also must add that I am taking Vitalizer vitamins and Vivix and I firmly believe that what you put in to your body is just as important as what you put on your body.

I look forward to how my skin looks and feels over time. If these 3 days are any indication, then the future of my epidermis is lookin' good! :)

Here are some other tips I've learned over the year to help keep skin looking and feeling great: 

  • Practice good care routines. Cleanse and moisturize every night. I used to skip this sometimes! Laziness or fatigue would win and I'd fall asleep with makeup on. Also, don't use hot water (it strips your skin of essential moisture). Avoid touching your face throughout the day (it transfers germs and bacteria, plus rubbing your eyes can damage that delicate skin and lead to wrinkles).
  • Always wear sunscreen on exposed skin. Even if it’s winter or cloudy. The sun’s UV rays can still harm your skin regardless of weather or time of year. And if you can, avoid being in the sun between 10am and 4pm. That’s when the sun’s rays are most damaging.
  • Exercise. Aerobic activity causes you to breath more deeply. This in turn increases the flow of oxygen to your organs and improves your overall body health. Plus, sweating can help your skin to rid itself of toxins. The result - healthy and glowing skin.
  • Eat plenty of fresh produce. Fresh fruits and vegetables are chock full of vitamins and antioxidants. A diet rich in fresh produce will help you to attain a natural glow.
  • Reduce or eliminate sugar and dairy. I have noticed a huge improvement in my skin, simply by drastically reducing my sugar and dairy intake. Studies indicate that both dairy and sugar are linked to acne and breakouts. The thing is, most people don't realize how much dairy and sugar they are actually consuming! (The answer - way.too.much.) Neither dairy nor sugar are necessary in a healthy diet. I could go on and on about this topic! It needs it's own post!
 Okay. Off to finish up Larry Brooks' Story Engineering. That and trying not to be distracted by the snow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment