Friday, February 8, 2013

I Heart Kale



Bob Garon at Synergy Kettlebell posted this fabulous info-photo on kale (found on Nutribullet's blog and I had to share. Speaking of which, if you haven't checked out Synergy, then DO IT!! I can't say enough good things about this gym. The trainers are amazing. The workouts are quick and effective. And for the first time in my life, I love weight training. Yes, love! Crazy!


Anywho, a couple times a week I try to have a spinach or kale smoothie for breakfast. I modify Oh She Glows' classic Green Monster. Super delicious and energizing!

In a blender, combine the following:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 TB raw almond butter
- 1 TB organic coconut oil
- 1 banana (frozen if possible)
- 1 TB organic chia seeds
- several large handfuls of kale or baby spinach
- several ice cubes

Puree until completely smooth and creamy and pour. Yummmmm! :) You can also add frozen avocado to up the "creamy" factor. Yes, avocado. I promise it's good.

Kale is one of the reasons why you really don't need dairy. Or meat. Just check out kale's nutrition stats. If you don't want to give them up, then try having dairy and meat as garnishes to your meal. For real!

Or at least try having a delicious green smoothie for breakfast!

I know, the green color is scary. But it tastes GOOD. I promise!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment